Arrange for PharmCAS to receive a separate official transcript from every regionally accredited U.S. college and university you attended. PharmCAS will not verify or forward your application until all official transcripts and other required materials are received.

Carefully read the transcript instructions for the following types of institutions:

  1. Accredited U.S. Schools
  2. Study Abroad
  3. U.S. Overseas Institutions
  4. International

Transcript Request Form

You must submit the PharmCAS Transcript Request Form to every regionally accredited U.S. institution you have attended. This form will help PharmCAS properly match your official transcripts to your PharmCAS application. If your current name differs from the name listed on your transcript, you MUST include both your current and former name on the Transcript Request Form.

Obtaining a Transcript Request Form

  1. Login to your PharmCAS application and select the Colleges Attended link.
  2. Click the print button to download and print a customized PDF Transcript Request form for every college and university you attended. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the File.
  3. Complete each Transcript Request form and mail to the institutions you attended. Each Pharmcas transcript request form is unique. Your name, PharmCAS ID number, and the name of the college/university attended will automatically appear on the barcoded form. Verify you are sending the right form to your college or university.
  4. Advise the Registrar’s Office to enclose the PharmCAS Transcript Request Form with your official sealed transcript and mail it directly to PharmCAS. If the form is not included with your transcript, PharmCAS may have difficulty matching your transcript to your application and it may be delayed.

PO Box 9109
Watertown, MA 02471-4403

US Transcripts

Arrange for a sealed official transcript to be sent directly to PharmCAS from every regionally and ATS accredited US institution you have attended. The following rules apply:

  • PharmCAS will not accept student-issued transcripts or transcripts sent by an applicant
  • Transfer credit(s) appearing on a transcript cannot be accepted in lieu of an original transcript from the institution where the course work was taken. Send transcripts for all regionally accredited post-secondary institutions you have attended regardless of whether course credit transferred to another college or university and appears on that transcript.
  • Arrange for PharmCAS to RECEIVE all of your regionally accredited official transcripts by the application deadline date set by your designated pharmacy schools. A pharmacy school may not consider your application for admission if PharmCAS receives your transcripts late. PharmCAS does NOT enforce transcript deadlines and will forward your verified application to your designated schools even if your transcripts arrive late.

Did You Know?

Your online course record, schedule, and college catalog may differ from your transcript. If there are discrepancies between your application and official transcript, your application will be undelivered and processing will be delayed.
  • Use a student issued OFFICIAL transcript to properly complete the “Coursework” section of your application. Do NOT use your course record/schedule or memory to complete the Coursework section.
  • Login to your application to check the status of your transcripts.  It is your responsibility to verify that PharmCAS received all of your official transcripts.

US Accreditation

PharmCAS only accepts official transcripts from U.S. institutions recognized by one or more of the following accreditation agencies:

  • Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA)
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
  • North Central Association of Schools and Colleges (NCA)
  • Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
  • Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
  • Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS)

If you attended an institution that is not recognized by one of these agencies, do NOT list the institution on your PharmCAS application and do NOT submit its transcript to PharmCAS. Contact your designated pharmacy schools directly to determine if you must arrange for transcripts from non-regionally accredited institutions to be sent directly to the pharmacy school.

Summer 2016 Transcripts

Arrange for all of your official transcripts to be sent to PharmCAS as soon as you have completed your summer 2016 coursework and your summer term grades are available. PharmCAS does not accept unofficial or incomplete transcripts. List all of your summer courses on your PharmCAS application. PharmCAS will begin to send verified application files to Pharm.D. programs in August 2016.


Arrange for your winter, spring, and summer term 2017 transcripts to be sent directly to your designated Pharm.D. programs, as required. Do not send to PharmCAS.


Do NOT list any military courses completed or credits received. Forward ALL transcripts that contain military credits or are official military transcripts to your designated pharmacy schools. College and schools policies vary. Please contact the institutions directly if you have any questions. Please note, this does not apply to accredited military colleges or universities, which MUST be listed on the application and from which transcripts are required. Examples of accredited military institutions include Community College of the Air Force and West Point.


PharmCAS does not waive transcript requirements due to an applicant’s financial obligations to a college or university. Applicants who are unable to obtain an official transcript from a college or university due to extenuating circumstances must submit a signed letter of explanation on official letterhead from the appropriate institution or state department of education. PharmCAS will evaluate transcript waiver requests on a case-by-case basis.


If you are offered and accept an offer of admission to a Pharm.D. program, you may be required to submit a second set of official transcripts from every college/university you have attended directly to the pharmacy school prior to matriculation. PharmCAS cannot forward transcripts to a school of pharmacy to fulfill this institutional requirement.


If you participated in a “Study (Education) Abroad” program under the auspices of a US institution and the international course work appears on the US transcript as regular itemized credit, only list the US institution on your PharmCAS application. Do NOT list the international (foreign) institution. Arrange for only the US transcript to be sent to PharmCAS. PharmCAS will process study-abroad course work in the same manner as US coursework.


PharmCAS recognizes “overseas US institutions” that are:

  1. Located outside US borders,
  2. Accredited by a regional institutional accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education, and
  3. Use English as the primary language of instruction and documentation.
If you attended an overseas US institution listed below, report it to PharmCAS in the same manner as your US institutions by sending an official transcript to PharmCAS and listing all coursework on your PharmCAS application. US institutions with campuses overseas (such as the University of Maryland at Munich) are also considered US colleges for which transcripts are required and all course work must be listed. Please note that this list of overseas institutions is not all-inclusive. Contact PharmCAS if you have questions.

• American College in Jerusalem (closed in 1976)
• American College in Switzerland
• American College of Thessaloniki
• American University in Beirut
• American University in Bulgaria
• American University in Cairo
• American University of Paris
• American University of Rome
• Franklin College Switzerland
• Richmond American University of London
• Huron University in London
• John Cabot University in Rome
• Mc Daniel College in Budapest


World Education Services, Inc
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
(212) 966-6311

Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Ph: (305) 273–1616
Fax: (305) 273–1338
Translation Fax: (305) 273–1984

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
(414) 289-3400

International Education Research Foundation, Inc
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665
(310) 258-9451

Educational Perspectives
P.O. Box 618056
Chicago, IL 60661-8056
(312) 421-9300

* PharmCAS does not endorse any particular transcript evaluation service.

Back to Top